Planning to visit England for the Olympic games? Or just want take a break during July 2012?
For those of you who are visiting London to watch the Games
Bath is the ideal place to take a mini break from the hussle and bussle of London. Bath is just 1 1/2 hours traveling time with regular trains from London. Being a world heritage city Bath can offer you a relaxing historic ambience, with lots to see and plenty of reasonably priced accommodation.
Things you might like to do while staying in Bath :
• Visit the Historic Roman Baths and Abbey
• See how a Georgian family lived at No1 Royal Crescent
• Let the Mayors Guides unlock the history of the city by taking one of their FREE walking tours
• Find out more about Baths most famous resident - Jane Austen
• Browse the many unique and independent shops
• Relax at the Thermae Spa
• Take Afternoon Tea at the Pump rooms
• Dine at one of the many independent pubs and restaurants
For those of you not lucky enough to have tickets or just want to get away
As you can see from the above list of things to do Bath can keep you and your family entertained for several days. But you do not have to just stay within in the city. Bath also provides a good base to explore the surrounding area. All the places listed below are between 1-2 hours drive from the city and are well worth a visit.